[plug] iinet pppd problems

Mark Baker baker at netwest.com.au
Wed Mar 15 09:26:17 WST 2000

For about the last 8 months I have been happily connecting to Wantree with
my Unix box running pppd 2.3.8. About last weekend, I could not get in with
pppd, although I can access my account with Windows. I tried the iinet
number, and could access this also with Windows but not Unix. The Unix box
can access the Big Pond ok, but when I try to access iinet, all I get is a
lot of bad fcs errors, and it then disconnects. This makes me think that
Wantree/iinet changed something last week.

Please, any ideas on how I can get away from having to use Windows and get
back online with my unix box.

Thanks,
Mark Baker