[plug] flaming on the mailing list]]

Neil Hunt grover at indigo.net.au
Sat Mar 18 10:06:49 WST 2000

> Obviously, after two years, you are not capable af reading what has been posted
> on the mailing list, otherwise you would have appreciated the purpose of my
> posting relating to iinet and email, and the relevance.

There is no relevance here to iiNet, that cannot be posted on a mailing list that is owned by iiNet.  Less that 15% of the users of this list are on iiNet.
> Similarly, you are not capable of simple netiquette, such as using an email
> application that allows wrapping of lines, or, of not using mailing lists for
> flaming.

Hrrmmm.... mutt wraps lines just fine, I think you had best check your mua for line wrapping.
> If you had read the material on the linux-aus mailing list, you might have
> appreciated the value of what I said, and what came out of it.

What came out of it what you being abusive to Terry Collins, as he disagreed with everything that you posted.
> But, no, being the kind of entity that you have shown yourself to be, you seem
> to believe that mailing lists scuh as this, exist solely for you to use for
> flaming others on the mailing list, and, you have indicated that you regard the
> mailing list, and plug, as belonging solely to you. ("Welcome to my world.")

The "welcome to my world" comment existed solely to explain what I have to put up with in my day to day work.  I cannot abide with crap that lusers send to me, and most of it get's killfiled.  Mailing lists exist solely for the purpose they are intended.  Despite your comments, and personal attacks, (something that I have not done), I never intimated that the list or any list belongs to me.
> It is unfortunate that this list is not moderated, and that it allows any kind
> of scum to post messages, and any kind of behaviour, on the mailing list.

Heh.. someone told me that as soon as someone disagrees with you, you start asking for moderation.  I have moderated lists before, I still do, let me tell you that it's not a pleasant job, and you can't moderate people that disagree with someone, simply because they disagree with someone.
> But then, in spite of what you may believe, this mailing list is here to serve
> the community, and is not just here for any particular person's sole benefit,
> whether it be you or any other such arrogant person, or, me, or any other
> person, and, therefore, must be governed by the community, which has decided
> that moderation is not to be instituted.
As I stated, the mailing list is for PLUG, and not iiNet Users.  I was a member of the group that first voted not to moderate the list, I don;t recall seeing you around.

m Therefore, unfortunately, we have to put up with scum like you, and, similarly,
> the tolerance should be applied both ways, with scum like you being requireed to
> tolerate those who are not.

Once again we get personal... to paraphrase Salvor Hardin "insults are the refuge of the incompetant"
> One day, maybe, you will wake up to the fact that the world does not exist for
> your sole benefit and amusement.
My world exists for my benefit and amusement, you amuse me, your responses amuse me..

> If you didn't attack me for what I put on the other mailing list, as you claim,
> try reading what you write, and what you have written, specifically the first
> sentence of your first abusive posting today. I assume that you are not so
> stupid, as to not be able to understand what you wrote.

Once again, I didn't attack you, I attacked what you wrote, there is a difference.  I know exactly what I wrote.
> But, then again, I could be wrong...

Tsk tsk... attack what a man says, not what a man is...
> --
>
> Bret Busby

Neil

----- End forwarded message -----