[plug] List domains and netiquette

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 21 16:23:05 WST 2000

on Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 08:10:33AM +0000, Christian <christian at amnet.net.au> wrote:
> inactive.  Finally, I've found that... well, sometimes (actually, quite
> often) when I have a technical question that I post to the list I don't
> really get an answer.  Sometimes there are answers but these often don't
> really help (well-intended though they are).  In the end, the PLUG list
> is more, for me, a place to help newbies and enjoy a very basic,
> non-hard-core set of discussions --- it's more entertainment than it is
> education.  Let's face it, the PLUG list doesn't break too many
> technical boundaries.  Therefore, it may be worth asking: would this
> "serious" list really have a lot of benefit?

I agree with this, if you are after technical answers there are much
better places to look then plug (but you can always try there first).
Plug puts us in contact with other linux users in WA, no other list
can do this.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065