[plug] Multiple Xservers

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 22 14:54:43 WST 2000

David Griffiths wrote:

> Bret Busby wrote:
>
> >>From the above, my understanding is that a user types startx for the first
> >session, then startx - :1 for the second session. Is that correct?
>
> Yes
>
> >Is a third
> >session iniated, by typing in startx - :2 ?
> Yes

AFAIK, you can start a second one with startx - :2 and a third with startx - :1
if you really want. The number is a display number used for identification
purposes.

> Would make a good demo at linux fests - windows can;t come near this!

But Windows can have multiple displays on multiple monitors; Linux is still
catching up to this. (Yay Xfree4! Can't wait till there's Matrox Dual-Head
support...)

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :