[plug] Lots of Groups..

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 23 15:41:51 WST 2000

Does anyone know if it's possible (and useable) to have a user as a member of
more than 32 groups? All I've managed to glean from the web was that "32" is
the limit compiled in, and that there was some talk of making it dynamically
settable (but nothing on whether it IS now, or what side-effects there may be).

The main problem is that we have a situation where a couple of users per group
have their own area they have group-write access to, but there are a few
operators who need Write to ALL the groups, but not Root access... Ergo, an
alternative Access Restriction method may do the trick... We may have to go
with special Samba shares which force user Root, but that's a bit nasty...

Any ideas?

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :