[plug] PLUG FAQ

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Mar 23 18:56:26 WST 2000

Christian wrote:
> skribe wrote:
>> Great idea.  How detailed would you be willing to make it?

> Well, I don't know...  The FAQ shouldn't really be a complete manual,

Yes it should! (-:

But the manual shouldn't all be on the first page. My idea of the
perfect FAQ structure is (one entry per webpage):

TOP (brief intro and TOC)
  PLUG (incl purpose)
    meetings
      2nd-tue-venue
      4th-mon-venue
    list
    office-bearers-&-structure
  LIST (incl how to join)
    netiquette (how to not quote heaps, how to intersperse reply with
text,
        how to not take flamebait, how to say a lot in few words)
    how-to-leave-list
    links-to-other-lists (plus newsgroups and other forae)
  LINUX (incl what-it-is)
    links-to-other-FAQs
    links-to-ther-orgs (linux.org, linux.org.au, freebsd, WAUUG,
PerthPCUG etc)
    links-to-news-etc (freshmeat, slashdot, SAL (Kachinatech),
linuxtoday etc)
    about-spark (as an example of linux on the job)
  RESOURCES
    library
    people (name, location, email, phone, specialties)
    spark-accounts
    speakers

Cheers