[plug] PLUG FAQ

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 24 13:48:06 WST 2000

Leon Brooks wrote:

> Christian wrote:
> > skribe wrote:
> >> Great idea.  How detailed would you be willing to make it?
>
> > Well, I don't know...  The FAQ shouldn't really be a complete manual,
>
> Yes it should! (-:
>
> But the manual shouldn't all be on the first page. My idea of the
> perfect FAQ structure is (one entry per webpage):
>
> TOP (brief intro and TOC)
>   PLUG (incl purpose)
>     meetings
>       2nd-tue-venue
>       4th-mon-venue
>     list
>     office-bearers-&-structure
>   LIST (incl how to join)
>     netiquette (how to not quote heaps, how to intersperse reply with
> text,
>         how to not take flamebait, how to say a lot in few words)
>     how-to-leave-list
>     links-to-other-lists (plus newsgroups and other forae)
>   LINUX (incl what-it-is)
>     links-to-other-FAQs
>     links-to-ther-orgs (linux.org, linux.org.au, freebsd, WAUUG,
> PerthPCUG etc)
>     links-to-news-etc (freshmeat, slashdot, SAL (Kachinatech),
> linuxtoday etc)
>     about-spark (as an example of linux on the job)
>   RESOURCES
>     library
>     people (name, location, email, phone, specialties)
>     spark-accounts
>     speakers
>
> Cheers

That sounds to me, like rewriting the current website. I believe that Christian
does not want to do that.

Perhaps Ian Kent could say something here, about the status of the website, etc.
(and, whether he has got anyone to work on updating the website?)

Otherwise, Christian ends up reinventing the plug wheel, and I am not sure that
he wants to spend the time do that, given that the website already exists.

Just out of interest, I have just tried visiting the PLUG website; I tried
http://plug.linux.org.au and http://www.plug.linux.org.au, and I get nothing.
--

Bret Busby