[plug] Argh, PPP problems.

Oliver ojw at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 29 01:00:31 WST 2000

I recompiled my first kernel last night, and managed to kill PPP. wvdial
now calls my ISP, starts PPP and falls over with error signal = 1.

I recompiled the kernel a number of times following this, and while
ppp.o is in /lib/modules/net/, things don't seem to be working. It's
possible I've got kernels in the wrong place, or any other number of
screw ups. Can anyone suggest some diagnostic activities I can perform
in linux (bear in mind I'll have to reboot and report them in windows).

Thanks for your time and effort.

--
Oliver White