[plug] NFS Questions

Mark Baker baker at netwest.com.au
Mon May 1 16:08:31 WST 2000

I am looking into a problem where a Redhat 6.1 box is acting as a NFS server for a SGI client.
Occassionally a 'df' on the SGI box will show that it cannot access one of the Linux mounts.
However, if I do a 'ls' on the offending Linux exported directory, on the Linux box, the
SGI box can see it again. I assume that both machines are running NFS V2. What is
the status of NFS V3?

Any hints will welcome.

As regards the DLT versus Exabyte discussion, I believe that DLT drives can be very slow
if you are not able to keep up the data rate that it needs. They are only happy when
they are being driven hard. All my experiences with exabyte 8505s have been very
favourable.

Mark Baker