[plug] Quite off-topic - delivering ISDN

Gavin Rogers grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au
Wed May 3 19:26:59 WST 2000

At 19:16 3/05/00 +0800, you wrote:
>I'm hoping that among the experience of PLUGgers that someone knows if it's
>possible to deliver an ISDN ("onramp") port to a remote location by using a
>pair of tranceivers.  What I actually want to do is to put the ISDN channel
>onto spare fibres that radiate from the admin office of a school into
>several rooms that have comms cabinets and are suitable video conferencing
>venues.  If we can load it to and unload it from the LAN (on an RJ45
>connector) that would be fine too.

If there are reasonably short distances involved and all the fibre is on
your property then you could
use ordinary ethernet fibre transeivers - ethernet in one end, fibre in the
other on both sides.

Works well at our site, longest fibre line is about 600 meteres, which
supports 100Mbit ethernet without any problems.

Regards,
Gavin.

---
                 grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au