[plug] next meeting

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Thu May 4 15:03:41 WST 2000

>On Thu, 4 May 2000, Jason Nicholls wrote:
>
>> Ok, something that people will know about is their own projects. I'm always
>> happy to hear someone talk about a project their using Linux for (as long as
>> they are large enough for a decent talk).

Given the difficulty of getting people to talk, maybe the way to go is to lower
peoples expectation of what is required of them eg encourage short talks of
10-15 mins on a favourite project (perhaps even invite impromptu talks on
the night).

This way they (we) don't have "keynote" expectations on them and may be
more forthcoming. Personally I would rather have several short summaries
than nothing at all, and if nothing else it's a good way to get to know
each other.

cheers,

Dave.

  David Griffiths                               griffith at environ.wa.gov.au

  Systems Manager
  Air Quality Management Branch
  Department of Environmental Protection            Phone:   61 8 9222 7151

  Westralia Square                                  Fax  :   61 8 9321 5184
  141 St Georges Tce
  Perth 6000
  Western Australia