[plug] Netscape - bus error

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue May 9 10:41:54 WST 2000

G'day,

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 09:39:16AM -0400, Mark Saxon wrote:
> Havn't seen this come up as a netscape issue in the past. Although I
> gather Java and netscape for linux are a little unreliable. Or is that just
> java? I'm using netscape communicator 4.7 to access Bankwests on line banking
> site.  Been working fine up till now.

> Will now cause netscape to exit with 'Bus error' message Java on or
> off.

I get strange Netscape problems on different machines which really beats me.
I'll be glad when Netscape 4.x is dead and buried - at the moment I'm running
Mozilla M15 (or is it M14) on my more grunty machine...

Just to indicate one really frustrating thing. At some point in time my laptop
running RH5.2 with Netscape 4.x started crashing quite a bit. I finally
noticed it was crashing when using the password entry box (for work/uni
related purposes I access many password required sites). It isn't consistent
eg: may happen the first time a box pops up, or perhaps after 3 or 4! The
problem has carried through even though I upgraded Netscape. The problem
doesn't exist on my other systems even though they run the same version of
netscape

I guess this didn't really help with the problem at hand - I was just having
a rant ;)

> Any one else expierienced this? Is there another java capable browser for
> linux I could try?

Sorry don't know on this one.

Later,

Jason Nicholls