[plug] Linux on an Alpha?

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Wed May 10 09:38:15 WST 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Joshua Pierre wrote:

> Ermm, yeah well you can run Linux on Alpha's

Not on all Alphas.

Specifically those with TurboChannel rather than PCI are currently
unsupported by Linux (at least they were last time I looked)

The webpage:
http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/archive/axp/dec3000_800.html
says the 3000 model 800s is a TurboChannel alpha, so I would suggest it is
not supported by Linux.

The Linux/Alpha website (www.alphalinux.org) is unavailable at the
moment, so I cannot verify that, so I suggest you check yourself later.

 - Matt