[plug] wget

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 10 09:46:22 WST 2000

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 09:31:25AM +0800, russ wrote:
> Hi,
[ ... ]
> It didn't pick up where it had stopped. Is ctrl C bad for wget? What
> should I have done?
>
> I always start wget with this command line:  wget -c http://.....

-c is the continuation flag, which I think will only "work" on ftp
downloads and on http servers that can handle a... damn, I don't know
the correct term, but let's call it a "get-range" command. Which I
don't think all do.

> Should I start wget without the -c and only use it when I'm trying
> to restart a download?

Yes.

But it still might not work.

Sorry. :)

> Thanks
> russ

Pete the Occasionally Semi-Knowledgeable.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
		[real standing law in Florida, United States of America]