[plug] Linux on an Alpha?

Darrell Horrocks darrellh at kpbg.wa.gov.au
Wed May 10 10:07:37 WST 2000

Hi All

Anyone got a location where I can get information of the BSDs-v-Linux?  Is BSD
another (more or less) distribution with a different kernel(s)?

Can someone point me in the direction of some information regarding this,
particularly with regard to differences in hardware support, applications
supported etc?  I have been trying to do so using the *BSD pages, but finding it
hard to snorkel through ALL the information.

I ask this because I want to get linux working on a very old powermac, but was
told I would need to use netbsd.

Any other pointers?

Darrell

<SNIP>