replying to long lines (was Unix)

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 10 11:34:03 WST 2000

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:28:40AM +0800, Bevan Broun wrote:
> on Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:08:13AM +0800, Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> > [ I use pine. Do other mailers break up lines before quoting them
> > in replies? ]
>
> mutt wraps the long line with a when viewing or replying. The "qf"
> command in Vim, the editor I use for everything, will wrap the quoted
> text AND add the extra ">" at the start of each line. It's quite a
> nice feature.

It is a _wonderful_ feature for mailing and I love it.

But isn't it 'gq', not 'qf'? 'qf' should start recording in the 'f'
slot...

> BB

Pete the Replying To Lots Of Messages On Plug This Morning For Some Reason.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting
someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."