[plug] FW: Message formatting

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed May 10 16:39:08 WST 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Christian wrote:

> > Most HTML mail seems to be mime multipart/alternative, so you can choose
> > which version to read. No need to strip HTML tags, just ignore the HTML
> > version.
>
> I'm not really sure if this will work in practice.  For example, if you
> are using a mailer like Netscape which can display HTML emails then it
> will display the HTML version rendered.  There is no real choice
> involved. If the aim is to not see any HTML formatted email then you
> would still have to filter the HTML tags from that version.

You could get procmail to detect the "Content-Type:multipart/alternative;"
and filter at the MIME level, before netscape et al can see it.

Are there any mime utilities suitable? It wouldnt be too hard in perl.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
antispam: rot 13 my email xor with the first 20 letters of the king james
bible and run crypt to mail me.