[plug] sendmail...?

Paul Dean paul at canningcollege.wa.edu.au
Thu May 11 17:25:31 WST 2000

MMmm hey John,

Why don't you try and set up you winblows box with Linux and then you can
run that with Squid and Sendmail and the likes....
A lot more stable and secure for you too..

This is what I do at home ...
workstation: RH 6.2, X, and blah....
server: RH 6.2, Sendmail, Fetchmail, Squid, and blah...

---------------
You Can Do It
---------------

At 11:56 11/05/2000 +0800, you wrote:
>For the last week or two I've had Linux happily going through the
>Wingate proxy on my Winblows box to pick up my e-mail, and
>everything's gone fine.
>
>Now I find that it hasn't actually done my e-mail since (uhhh...)
>Saturday morning (might be Friday).  When I run fetchmail manually, I
>get all sorts of error messages, something like
>
>79 messages for jbreen#mail.wn.com.au at wombat
>Fetching message 1 of 79
>SMTP: plug-request at linux.org.au - Sender must resolve domain
>SMTP: Error connecting to localhost - connection refused
>SMTP: wombat - must specify a domain
>
>I haven't made any changes other than a kernel recompile to get it to
>pick up my net card (BTW, thanks all for the help - I wound up
>getting a PCI RTL8029 card for $24.40 new, and all is well with the
>network).
>
>I'm assuming that the problem is with sendmail or exim (whichever is
>installed), as those are the services that deal with delivering mail.
>
>Any ideas anyone?  My mail is building up on the server, and I hate
>reading via the web...
>
>Regards,
>
>John Breen

Regards