[plug] My Life as Greg Mildenhall

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat May 13 10:04:54 WST 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 02:10:47AM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:
> I regularly find myself logged in as someone else (though I've not seen
> your name come up) it would seem that the pages have been cached, and the
> two unis share HTTP caches. AFAIK, it shouldn't be possible to alter
> someone else's settings, though there are no guarantees. (certainly
> onelist has had this problem in the recent past) One thing you do if it
> bothers you is to alter your linuxtoday prefs to make the page
> uncacheable, but I don't really consider it worth the effort.>

I don't log into those sites at all so that's why you wouldn't have seen
my name.  I think the cached page answer is the most likely, it just
seemed weird for it to say that I was "logged in" although I suppose
that was just because that was what was served up for the object at that
URL when the cache last requested it.

Regards,

Christian.