[plug] MySQL versus NT SQL Server

Dave T Burbidge dave969 at iinet.net.au
Sun May 14 19:22:38 WST 2000

Greetings!

I've (unfortunately) got MS-SQL at work (I'm working on that (I'm currently
looking at PostgreSQL (but open to suggestions), so I'd love to hear how
things work out, and what arguments you threw at Mgt. :)

For the record, if you can get ODBC happening, then you use Access as a front
end (the only reason I'd do this is either quick-and-dirty, or existing
system you don't wanna re-program) - link (not import) the SQL tables into
Access, and you're off - if you feel like it, you can also create the links
between tables, so you get Access checking the cascading stuff.

Hope this helps :)

Dave Burbidge

--
Dave :)