[plug] Daylight savings farting around

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed May 17 17:53:41 WST 2000

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:

> ...and I quote, from MS Oz' newsletter...

Leon, dont be too smug against microsoft!
I just check my Linux machines, and while glibc2.1.2 is OK, version 2.1.1
wrongly shows NSW daylight savings starting on the _Saturday_.
(  /usr/sbin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/NSW )

  So any eastern-staters running RedHat6.0 beware!
Still at least they were close. Win2k should have got it right.

Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--
antispam: rot 13 my email xor with the first 20 letters of the king james
bible and run crypt to mail me.