[plug] Scheduling Problems

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu May 18 14:04:56 WST 2000

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> Also, if someone's writing an essay for us, how about discussing why this is
> being done on Linux and not on a "real time" O/S.  That's not a troll!
>
> K.
Because,
A:- I know Linux
B:- I don't know C, and my Pascal compiler is for Linux
C:- By increasing the HZ value, I can get the results I need, I just don't see
	why I should have to do it, if the kernel is doing the Right Thing(tm)
D:- I can't afford the time/money to invest into the development tools of a RTOS
	like QNX or similar.

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would