[plug] Bizzare time warp.

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Fri May 19 11:59:14 WST 2000

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Possible explanations? I just got about 6 messages from last
> sunday that I never recieved on the day.

At a guess, your mailserver was down (or unreachable) for a while on
Sunday, so they were queued on a secondary server, which for some reason
(misconfiguration?) didn't forward them on as soon as you came back
online, as well as probably any other messages it received as a backup
server, and somebody just noticed it and fixed it, and told it to resend
all the stuff.. :)

Reminds me of when I had an account at Murdoch, and I noticed over a
period of several months that certain emails just wouldn't arrive.  Then
eventually the sysadmin (Hi MikeG) noticed their backup server was
doing this, and fixed it, and I received them all at once (some several
months old)

 - Matt