[plug] module dependencies

Help c.i.n at iname.com
Sat May 20 01:33:31 WST 2000

I'm having troubles with module dependencies once I recompile my new kernel and modules. I'm running RedHat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14-5.0).Once I boot into my new kernel (2.2.14-5.0new) and it reaches the module dependency check, it says that it can't open "/lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0new /modules.dep" for writing. I've tried doing "depmod -a 2.2.14-5.0new", which creates a modules.dep in /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0new but that doesn't seem to work as it displays the same message error message once rebooted. I've tried other things but I seem to get nowhere. Yes, I have read ALL the texts, HOWTOS regarding modules but the information seems to be outdated and very inadequate. Any suggestions would be helpful.