[plug] win98 install

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat May 20 13:48:37 WST 2000

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 01:35:12PM +0800, russ wrote:
> I've had a look through the archives and it seen the horror stories of
> win98 installs wiping out linux partitions. The problem is I already
> have linux installed and win95. I use lilo to boot. I want to install
> 98 over 95. I should say I HAVE to install, I don't really want to.

Does Win98 actually damage your Linux partitions or does it just remove
your MBR with LILO in it?  Having never installed Win98 I can't say for
sure but from what I remember it is the latter in which case all you
have to do is arrange some alternate way, like a boot disk, to access
your Linux partition post-install so that you can re-LILO the disk.

Regards,

Christian.