[plug] shell scripts

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Sun May 21 12:47:48 WST 2000

G'day Mike,

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 12:38:06PM +0800, Michael Atherley wrote:
> Anyone know of any refernce material on the net about writing shell scripts
> (on bash) or point me to some book names ?

If you're just interested in getting a few things done and don't need the
full might of a whole book then I suggest taking a look at the bunch of shell
scripts included with your linux distribution. There tends to be quite a few
in /etc/rc.d/ as a starting point or /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ on a
redhat box. Read these scripts with "man bash" handy in another terminal ;)

Later,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841	   email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
Proprietor			  mobile: 0417 410 811