[plug] QSocketNotifier

Mark Bailey mbailey at ois.com.au
Sun May 21 20:58:22 WST 2000

Having a bit of strife with X. I am
using KDE which seems to come up ok except
it only shows the menu bar at the bottom of the
screen and no matter what application I select to
run nothing happens. Menus all seem to work fine.
Then when I log out back to a text screen I see
the following error for the same number of times
as applications that I tried to start.

QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket specified
QSocketNotifier: Internal error

Has anyone got any clues as what could be causing
this.
I have now read heaps of documentation on
QSocketNotifier but nothing yet points to
this sort of problem.

Cheers,
Mark Bailey