[plug] Monday meeting summary, Channel 7 tour offer

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon May 22 22:42:02 WST 2000

First, about 8 PLUGgers and assorted others piled into the SAGE/WAUUG
meeting and learned a bit about cyberwarfare from the horse's mouth, so
to speak. I will be implementing some automatic countermeasures as a
consequence. Visit http://www.auscert.com.au/ and follow the links for
more details. Bret will be pleased to know that some recent (March 2000)
scan were targeting RedHat 6.0 boxes. (-: The food was yummy as well,
which always helps. (-:

Upon reporting to the UCC, we found 3 boxes awaiting therapy, which
various from amongst our number applied. Mr Navarre got a VESA console,
and will now be making full use of his 19" work monitor, since the fonts
are nearly unreadable on the 14" he dragged along. Mike now owns his own
files and so no longer needs to run as root to do anything.

Our illustrious Channel 7 representative has been officially told that
his tenure evapourates in 11 months, and wishes to squeeze in a tour for
the group before his curtain call. A Sunday morning would be good, so we
can push a button and blackscreen a sport just as it gets exciting. He's
going on 5 months' long service leave in July, so I nominate the Sunday
13 days hence, starting at 9AM. Any seconders?

--
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.