[plug] netscape settings?

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Tue May 23 22:35:06 WST 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 09:11:04PM +0800, russ wrote:
>> Should that be:
>>
>> export TEMP=/var/tmp
>>
>> and
>>
>> echo $TEMP

>Any sensible (?) program will default to /tmp anyway so maybe it's worth
>checking the permissions etc. of this directory (assuming, as Mike has
>suggested, there is adequate room on the filesystem).

Have checked permissions on this directory ......all the /tmp directories in
fact. They appear to be writable by the group user. Or at least the ones that
should be.

The /var/tmp file system is on the same partition as every thing else - plenty
of room.

I have tried unistalling the Netscape common and communicator rpms and
reinstalling later versions.  Same 'unable to creat temporary file' problem so I
guess its a problem independant of Netscape?

I really would like to solve tis one - failing that how long till we see a
distribution with decent USB support offered. Or is there one.

Mark