[plug] netscape settings?

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue May 23 12:01:59 WST 2000

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 11:11:13AM -0400, Mark Saxon wrote:

> Yep looks like it should .
>
> [mark]$ ls -ld /tmp
> drwxrwxrwt   7 root     root        14336 May 23 11:00 /tmp
>
> Puzzling isn't it.

Definitely!  Maybe you should  strace netscape when you run it and see
what's actually going on?  I've certainly never had this problem.  BTW,
when setting the TEMP variable the best option is to create a directory
under your home dir (eg, ~/.tmp) and 'export TEMP=$HOME/.tmp'.  Thus any
temporary files created are in a directory under your control -- this is
particularly important for root.  The only situation I can think of
where this might be a problem is if where there is some sort of disk
space limitation (e.g., a quota) in which case you may exceed your quota
by putting the files under your home directory but these files are
typically not big and this shouldn't be a problem in most cases.

Regards,

Christian.