[plug] Redirecting Web Data

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu May 25 16:45:04 WST 2000

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 04:40:28PM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2000 mbailey at ois.com.au wrote:
>
> > I have a need to send URL to the web from say the bash prompt and
> > feed the data that is returned into a text file.
>
> wget http://url.goes.here/ -O file.txt

Alternatively, if the information returned is HTML and you'd rather
have it formatted as text:

lynx -dump http://url.goes.here/ > file.txt

>  - Matt

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
"But the most reliable indication of the future of Open Source is its past: in
just a few years, we have gone from nothing to a robust body of software that

  -- Bruce Perens, on the future of Open Source software. (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)