[plug] tail -f /var/log/messages

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Tue May 30 09:18:34 WST 2000

List,

I am trying to monitor the /var/log/messages file in a quick smart
fashion (I hesitate to use the term real time), I normally use

tail -f /var/log/messages

but there seems to be some delay before the screen reflects what has
happened in the log. Is there a way to increase the "polling speed" of
this command. 'Man tail' on my machine did not indicate so.

Thanks,

----
Mike Earnshaw       | "It don't mean a thing if     | e-mail in header
Computer Systems    | you cain't get that Ping...." | Tel: +61 8 9256
1099
  Support           |    Duke Ellington, 1932       | Fax: +61 8 9256
1199
----
Union Switch & Signal, 24 Bannick Court, Canning Vale, WA 6155,
Australia