[plug] sound card

Oliver ojw at iinet.net.au
Wed May 31 15:14:29 WST 2000

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Oliver White wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, speaking of sound card drivers... I've got a Vibra 128 card...
> > I didn't really want to buy it, but the new mobo I needed for my Athlon
> > had no ISA slot for the old SB card. I've been regretting the choice of
> > card ever since, as I'm still waiting for creative to write the drivers.
> > I'm told you can get the card working, but all my trials have ended in
> > failure. Has anyone had any experiance with the card?
>
> Yep! Got one at home, in my Wife's PC. After lots of hassles trying to get it
> working, I found it uses this Kernel driver:
>    Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (ES1371)

Hmm, I've got that compiled into my kernel now. xmms seems to be having problems,
but perhaps they're unrelated. What's a good way to check if the sound card is
installed?

I really wish creative had just told me that rather than telling me to wait for
*their* driver. What are they on?

--
Oliver White