Startup

Scott, Simon Simon.Scott at SEALCORP.com.au
Wed May 31 17:42:15 WST 2000

1) I cant remember exactly how to do this at a file level... but you want to
change the initial run level from 5 to 3... Try running Linuxconf and
choosing boot mode or something similar... if you look around you should be
able to find something about initial run level. I wish I could remember the
file it is in, its on the tip of my tongue... sorry
2) go into /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and find S??Sendmail (?? is a number)... Rename
it to Keep-S??Sendmail, or anything that doesnt begin with S. Do the same in
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d if it exists. Then go into /etc/rc.d/init.d and type

	./sendmail stop

Anyway, Im running from memory here....havent got a linux box in front of
me. Give it a go.

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was
'committed'."