[plug] laptop recommendations

Phillip Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Wed Nov 1 16:44:51 WST 2000

I run both on a Gateway 9150XL.  I bought a second 6Gb removable disk, when
I got the Gateway.  I left the "as purchased" Windoze on the disk that came
with the system and run Linux on the spare disk.
I installed Mandrake 7.1, on the spare 6Gb disk, and it found everything on
the laptop including the PCMCIA ethernet, modem card, and the sound.

I have to share the laptop at work so I could not make it a totally "Gates
Free" machine.

Phil