[plug] mounting CD in DVD drive

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Nov 2 08:02:36 WST 2000

Garry wrote:
>> My 6xDVD works fine under Linux, but won't boot a CD for love-nor-money.

> You've probably checked this, but..

> Does the bios boot order start with the CD drive?

> Is there a jumper to change to make it bootable? (I'm not familiar with this
> drive)

Yup. Swap it for a regular CD player, no other changes, and you can boot. I
might add that a friend has a recent yoo-bewdy cached DVD drive that will boot
and do a Mandrake kitchen-sink install (onto a fast IDE drive) in six minutes.

--
I suggest you read the material in order of page number.
    -- Charles Kelemen, on a homework assignment