[plug] [OT] Mike Massen: Fuel cells vs SLA cells

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Nov 4 20:18:34 WST 2000

Mike wrote:
> At 07:18 PM 4/11/2000 +0800, you wrote:
>>How are the prices of fuel cells $-per-watt-hour against SLA or liquid
> >RAPS-rated cells these days?

> I have no idea about fuel cells pricing and availability,

Pity...

> I am however
> leaning towards large scale lithium ions instead, which unfortunately
> I cannot talk about :(

NDA, CommercialInConfidence or just plain ignorant? (-:

>> I ask on the list even though it's not Linux because there are at least
>> a couple of other PLUGgers who are interested in this kind of thing.

> Seems a bit off topic,

Weeeell... I have an application involving several Linux boxes that would run
off them. Will that do? (-:

> isn't there another user group you might want
> to direct me to ?

In Oz? You'd be lucky...

--
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might
appear to others that what you were or might have been was not