[plug] re: ups

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 10:28:15 WST 2000

Alan Howard commented about dual-operation (12vdc, 240vac) power supplies...

FWIW a number of years ago I used dc input power supplies in an avionics
role, powering a then state-of-the-art Computer Automation Inc.
minicomputer (core memory, frontpanel switches, papertape reader -- memory
lane stuff.)  We had replacement power supplies manufactured by a company
in Victoria, I am pretty sure the name was Bartronics (Braybrook, 03 9689
6911 according to the YellowPages)  They were able to do "specials"  as
well as a range of "standard" multi-voltage open frame supplies.  I'll try
to hunt up the correct company name but in the meantime the above should be
a start.

Cheers,
Denis