[plug] SB CD

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Thu Nov 9 13:18:32 WST 2000

>On behalf of a non-PLUGger, I wonder if anyone has experience of an old
>Soundblaster
>card-operated CD.  The setup was happy to work with it once "Soundblaster
>CD" was
>selected, but now the system is running there does not seem to be a CD.
>
>K.

Kevn, I have an old 486 at home with an ancient version of slackware
running on it and a soundblaster cd. I don't remember having any problems
with it though (apart from the drive trying to eat cd's as you put them
in!). The only thing I can think of off hand is that perhaps kernel support
is not there (module not loaded properly?).

If I can help with IRQ's or anything let me know off list.

cheers,

Dave.