[plug] certification / employment

Niall Young niall at linuxsolutions.net.au
Tue Nov 14 12:45:41 WST 2000

> I am currently studying at tafe and doing a diploma of internet and
> networking technologies. I have found this course to be boring as shit
> and would like to follow my passion of linux administration. I needs some
> ideas on certification and job opportunities

AMTC/Tafe is running CCNA (Cisco Certified Networking Associate) courses
at the moment - they provide a solid (if somewhat biased) view of TCP/IP,
network topology, security etc.  If you have no formal TCP/IP theory then
this is a great place to start, learn some Cisco (becoming essential),
and get recognized certification.  The course runs for 2 semesters - but
you can go and sit your Cisco CCNA exam at any time, you just get a huge
discount if you stick with the course first (and you may want the credit
towards your course/degree as I do ;-)).

--
Niall Young
             Linux Solutions -- www.linuxsolutions.net.au