[plug] incase anyone wasnt aware..CERT advisory [ BIND ]

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Nov 14 14:07:07 WST 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Bret Busby wrote:

> Perhaps, Christian, as the security person, you could briefly go over
> the associated issues regarding BIND, again,

Rather than reiterate something that has been discussed to death before on
this list, it would be preferable if you would use the search facility on
the excellent archives of this list, and post a URL, or direct others to
go look for themselves.

As for security announcements, my personal opinion is that I'd like to see
severe security holes (like remote root compromises in commonly installed
packages) posted here, because they are the sort of thing that needs
widespread coverage, whereas things like the BIND hole that started this
thread should only affect a small percentage of this list, all of which
really should be subscribed to bugtraq.

 - Matt