[plug] incase anyone wasnt aware..CERT advisory [ BIND ]

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Nov 14 14:07:12 WST 2000

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 01:56:26PM +0800, Beau Kuiper wrote:

> Give him a break Christian, BIND is a program most linux administrators use,
> including me. I don't see how it is off-topic at all on a linux mailing list.
> Most security bugs listed on bugtrack are for obscure programs most people
> don't use.

Some of them are, but plenty of them aren't.  Either way, this is not a
security list and I don't think every little issue should be repeated
here.  Sure, if it affected every Linux user then you could certainly
make a case for it but I doubt most subscribers here are using BIND and,
those that are are probably mostly professional admins who should be on
their vendors security mailing list anyway (as a bare minimum).

But, since you want to hear about security vulnerabilities, here's one
for StarOffice...

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1922