[plug] incase anyone wasnt aware..CERT advisory [ BIND ]

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 14 14:29:45 WST 2000

The Thought Assassin wrote:

<snip>

> To me, Christian's reply looked like a polite and gentle pointer for a
> newish list member. I am sure he didn't mean to be offensive, and he
> certainly didn't give me the impression he was admonishing Desiree for not
> being aware of the finer points of mailing list etiquette.
>
> -Greg Mildenhall

I suggest that the thing that Christian's response was missing, and,
probably the only thing, was a statement that security risks regarding
bind, had already been mentioned on the mailing list, with a suggestion
to search the PLUG mailing list archives on the word "bind". People on
the mailing list, should be able to find the web page to do the search.

I believe this is reinforced by Matt's input, which, I believe, applied
equally to my response, and, to Christian's response.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988