[plug] development platform

Rob Dunne robd at anville.wa.cmis.csiro.au
Thu Nov 16 18:20:53 WST 2000

Hi list,
        I need some advice. We are starting a project
that involves a numerical computation engine and a front
end (probably attached to some existing software).

The current deliverable has to be on NT but several of us
would like to develop under Linux (at least the numerical part
if not all of it) and then port to NT. This is all up for grabs at
the moment -- the project leader is concerned about developing
under Linux but could be convinced.

Are there any examples of commercial projects that develop
under Unix but release a final product under NT?

Are there any good sources of arguments for doing this?

					thanks
						rob

--
 Rob Dunne          Tel: +61 8 9333 6178