[plug] modem recommendations?

Jonathon Bates batesy at rave.iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 16 13:40:32 WST 2000

> I've had a Banksia Wave SP 56 Dual (it's got a NetComm chipset?) for
> nearly 3 years working faultlessly on my Linux server....(exept of
> course when we had two cyclones go past heheheh)
> Although it cost $150 I think you get what you pay for, and since I work
> at an ISP I get to here all the lovely problems people have with shitty
> modems.
> On the other hand, some modems are cheap AND good quality, although
> that's not usually the case.

Agreed 100% The Banksia is a top modem, I also work at an ISP, and if
money is no real object the Banksia is the way to go.
Ive got a perm connection, and with my Banksia the only time it drops out
is when i kill pppd (or power issues). Howevr I tried a directcomm (approx
$100) and it was dropping out every 15 mins. I could have tried an init
string, but I couldnt be bothered as the Banksia doesnt need one.

Just my 2 cents!

Cya
batesy
--
Jonathon Bates | phone: 9214 2222
iiNet Support  | batesy at corporate.iinet.net.au
"No pain is worse than that of giving in."