[plug] Sound configuration

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Nov 17 11:01:00 WST 2000

Hello Dave

To recount an experience I had under windows where I had a similar
situation of no CD audio yet it would play with out problems. The driver
for the sound card had detected that the CDROM drive supported software
control of the audio level coming from the CDROM drive its self. This
effected the external headphone socket and the internal audio to the
sound card. Again this experience was windows based, there was a slider
control to set this. You say the setuo works under windows, I suggest you
check for the existance of some control like this, mine was in the sound
card setup application mixer, (memory getting hazy). Once this was set to
max level the sound was controllable via the standard mixer for the CDROM
audio input.

For what its worth. (Seems you have ruled out most other problems)

Navarre

On 11/16/00, 11:50:12 AM, Dave Dartnall <darts at dialix.com.au> wrote
regarding [plug] Sound configuration: