[plug] Re-installing packsages with debian

Nigel Duff peregrin at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 18 19:11:34 WST 2000

 Hi List,

	In a moment of boredom, i thought it might be fun to do a "rm -fr
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11". I stopped it half way through and i'm now thinking
i might like to have those files back. I'm running XFree 4.01.

 apt-get install --reinstall xfree-common worked.
 I'm now trying to apt-get install --reinstall xlibs. When apt-get
unpacks it wants to overwrite the app-defaults directory(which dosn't
exist). dpkg is complaining that the app-defaults directory is needed by
groff and aborts unpacking. I've tried different cominations but can't
force apt-get to unpack. Any suggestions on the correct proceedure?

I had intended to install xfree86-common,xlibs and xfonts*. Can anyone
think of any other base packages i might need? These are the files and
directorys left under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ ;

XErrorDB  XF86Setup/  XKeysymDB  config/  filerunner/  fonts/  gv/
icewm/  locale/  rgb.txt@  xfm/  xkb@

(it got 1/2 way through the fonts directory when i stopped it)

any help would be appreciated.

Nigel