[plug] mandrake 7.2 problems

Alan Howard alanh at wn.com.au
Mon Nov 20 18:14:21 WST 2000

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:35, mark wrote:

> Have also had trouble with cups.  Sounds like the cups server daemon is
> not running
> but are you sure you are running printool?
>
> Printool was not installed with the mandrake 7.2 image I have.   Have
> been using printerdrake from the command line.
> You could also get to this via Drakeconf a KDE desktop icon.
>
> What exactly are you doing to get the cups server error message. I have
> managed to crash the cups server daemon cupsd quite a few times but was
> able to start it by hand as root
>
> # cupsd
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

i typed printtool as root in terminal and got what looked like printdrake. it
searched the cups data base ok and then came up with a error that it couldnt
start the cups server. i have since got the server going some how ( i dont
know what i did) but i can still only print the test page.
regards
alan howard