[plug] mandrake 7.2 problems

Mark mark at omninet.net.au
Mon Nov 20 18:55:42 WST 2000

Alan Howard wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:35, mark wrote:
>

> > What exactly are you doing to get the cups server error message. I have
> > managed to crash the cups server daemon cupsd quite a few times but was
> > able to start it by hand as root
> >
> > # cupsd
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mark
> >

> i have just run kups and it says " cant connect to cups server check your
> options". what exactly should the options be for a local printer on lpt1?
> regards
> alan howard

Alan
You do not have the cups server running.  The program you are running
"kups" with a K
is a configuration tool only.

You will need to be logged in as root to do the next bit.

You need to go to the command line and as root type  cupsd  this will
start the "cups"
with C print server daemon.

Try that and let me know how you go.

Mark