[plug] Quicktime for Linux

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Nov 21 11:31:26 WST 2000

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Phil Steege wrote:
> I am using mandrake 7.2.  What can Iuse to  view quicktime video's ?

I was looking at this last night... Doing a search for Quicktime on
freshmeat.net found the program xanim and lamp. xanim will view quicktime
videos, as will LAMP. Only problem is many of the movies on the Internet
are encoded with Sorenson encoding which I believe is a proprietary
format, so you can only view certain formats that are variations of
quicktime. I have not yet tried either of these or looked into these in
depth, but it's a starting point.

   http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=quicktime

HTH,

Bernard.